Friday, April 11, 2014

Beauty: Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel For A Face Primer; REVIEW!

Annyeong, blogbear! Today I will be reviewing yet another cheap item! I know I am years late, again, but hey? I got nothing to lose!

   After reading and watching reviews, I leaned back and told myself: I need to get my hands on that Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel! And so I did. Like I said on my Maybelline primer review, I am one of those girls who used Monistat as a face primer. C'mon! It's a an awesome dupe, how can I not, ryt?

NOTE: This is NOT the Monistat FOR YEAST INFECTION! Oh good lawd, please don't use that on your face! This is just the chafing relief gel, hmkay? This is how it looks:



   The only ingredient listed in the tube is Dimethicone but there are more: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. The tube is 4.5 inches long excluding the cap and the flap.

   See what it says inside that yellow box? THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO TREAT YEAST INFECTIONS! I need to emphasize that!




I love how this came in a squeeze tube! Very hygienic, I must say!



The texture of the gel is like silicone. It's very light and is almost transparent ㅡ it's like fading white, did I make sense?



It feels smooth in my face and and it's finish is somewhere between powdery and matte ㅡ a little more powdery than matte. I don't have big pores so filling in wasn't a problem! It works well however it doesn't last very long. I have repulsive oily skin and I started to oil 5 hours after application. From 4-5 hours between, my makeup started to slightly slide off of my face. Well, that's not too bad for $6 anyway!



TIP: works best with powder foundation! :)

Likes:

• cheap
• lightweight
• easy application
• fragrant free
• travel friendly
• multi-purpose
• matte finish
• cooperates with powder foundation

Dislikes:

• not long-lasting
• powdery finish (it is a powder gel so...)
• doesn't hold liquid foundation very well but it's still manageable

Rate: 9/10

   I really love this as a primer! I usually wear it when I am going for a short trip to the mall ㅡ been using this for 4 months now! Are you planning on joining the Monistat family? If so, let me know in the comment box below! See you on my next post! A happy bear is a lucky bear! ♥





3 comments:

  1. Hi, cute teddy bear! Your review is great and product sounds good~ ^^
    Have a beautiful Friday! <3

    ❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice reveiw :)

    www.retrostreetstation.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really useful and lovely review!
    You are awsome!

    Kisses,
    www.mfashionhour.com

    ReplyDelete